a bag for kindergarten


My niece is starting kindergarten in summer. In Switzerland kids don't need to take too much to kindergarten- only a small snack and a water-bottle- so they carry small bags with them.
I had the honour to sew her bag. In the beginning of June I will be in Switzerland for a few days (adding some days after a business trip to Munich) and then I can give her the bag personally.



My niece is a country girl- growing up in the mountains. I chose a goat and I hope she will like it.



My sewing machine is getting old. I have a very old Bernina that my mother once bought second hand and brought to Israel for me. It is the same model I learned to sew with at home. Must be over 40 years old. But I start to have problems with the thread tension. I can adjust it but it's getting harder. I can still do button holes, but some of the "automatic" is not working anymore and I need to use some tricks.
I should save some money and buy a new one- leave the old one maybe for the kids to learn.


Comments

Liebe Rahel,
die Kindergartentasche ist ja sowas von hübsch!
Die hätte mir auch gefallen.
Deine Nichte freut sich sicher sehr über diese tolle Tasche.
Schön, dass du sie ihr persönlich geben kannst.
Ganz liebe Grüße aus Bayern
Melanie
Anonymous said…
Oh my goodness, this is SOOOOOOO cute! I love the tiny bell on the goat!

-- Preeta

Popular Posts