back home


We are back home from our visit in Switzerland. We enjoyed the time with my parents and my sisters + their families.

  • I am trying to figure out what to knit next.
  • I have at least 3 sewing projects I should and want to do.
  • We should get the wood stacked that is still lying around in our garden.
  • I dried a big amount of Shepard's purse that grew like crazy while we were away.
  • I also dried a nice amount of Za'atar (Syrian oregano)- this herb grows wild and is now protected in Israel because it was over harvested- but we have it in our garden too.
  • I need to bake bread. I usually bake our bread for the week on Fridays- we hardly ever buy bread- good bread is expensive and not always available in our small Kibbutz-shop.
  • I want a quiet moment to drink tea and read the birthday present from my parents- the cooking book "Jerusalem" from Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi…
  • I want to do some play-dough with the kids. I found some cream I used for Yotam when he was small- I will mix it with corn stark. (a link)



Have a nice weekend. Mine started.

Comments

fjord girl said…
That's quite the list - I start with tea and knitting. Where in Switzerland are you and your family from Rahel? I was born in Zurich.
rahel said…
Camilla- you are a Norwegian living in the USA and were born in Zurich? That's quite interesting! :-)
I was born in Basel and grew up in the area of Basel- but my roots are more connected to the Bernese country side.

Popular Posts