pine cone birds


Some weeks ago we celebrated the Sukkot holiday where you build a small "hut" outside. You are supposed to eat, sleep etc in this hut and it is usually nicely decorated. Every year we make some new decorations (see also here and here) and some can be put aside to be used again the following year. This year we made small birds from pine cones.

We collected some pine cones and feathers.


We glued the feathers to the pine cone with hot glue. The eyes and beak are from felt- but you could use other materials like paper, fabric, rubber foam...






Since Sukkot is over, the birds hang now over our dining table.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fun idea -- I will definitely do this with my kids!

It has been a long time since I visited your blog -- I guess life just took over for a while -- so I have just found out about your niece. I just want to say, I am so very very very very sorry. My heart goes out to you and your family in Switzerland. There is nothing worse than losing a child. I think all mothers can imagine it. I am so sorry.

-- Preeta

Popular Posts