found


Now that we don't really have an "office" anymore, all my stuff is still in boxes- it's driving me crazy. I am trying to find new space somewhere but not very successful...
I found two drawings I made some time ago. Maybe the above I will frame and hang in one of the girl's rooms. The below hung on our entrance-door until Helen was born... maybe I will make a new one.



Today is the memorial day for the fallen soldiers, last week we had the holocaust memorial day... on both days we hear sirens and stand still in memory and honour of the dead. I am always sending little prayers that things like the holocaust won't happen anymore and that no more soldiers need to die... that there will come a day without war and hate and fighting...

This evening though we will move on to happier celebrations- the independence-day will start at eight in the evening. We will have firework and folkdances and coffe and cake and loads of music and singing. It for sure will be nice.

Comments

vervlogen dagen said…
In the Netherlands the first week of May is also week of memorial (may 4th, when we honour all those who died in world was two and in military actions ever since) and celebration (May 5th, liberation of the German occupation). It's good to think about the unthinkable every once and while.
amy luella said…
your drawings/paintings are precious.

Popular Posts